High-end headphones are definitely not new. These high-end creations are targeted towards those folks who give top priority to quality, and not price. The latest entrants in the high-end headphones market are the Edition 10 headphones from Ultrasone. Targeting not only those folks who give top priority to quality but also design, these headphones are said to be covered in gold and feature Zebrano wood ear cup inlays, Ethiopian sheepskin leather ear cup pads, Titanium plated drivers and Kevlar coated cables. That’s definitely not all. The high-end headphones boast of silver-plated OFC 99.99% pure copper wires while Kevlar is used for casing. The headphones use the S-Logic Plus technology which offers an impartial acoustic feeling that gives the listener the utmost spacious tonal perception.
Other features of the Edition 10 headphones are as follows:
1. Open-back deluxe headphones with reduced emissions, using the ULE standard (Ultra Low Emission) and S-Logic Plus technology.
2. Frequency range: 5 – 45000 Hz.
3. Impedance 32 Ohm.
4. Sound pressure level 99 dB.
5. MU Metal bufferboard.
6. 40 mm titanium-plated driver.
7. Magnet NdFeB.
8. Weight 282g (excl. cord).
9. Cord length: 3m.
10. Aramid fiber enhanced.
11. Silver plated high-flex cable.
12. (OFC 99.99 % pure copper).
13. 6.3 mm gold plated plug.
14. Hand crafted Zebrano wood headphone stand.
15. Wooden storage box.
All this comes for a price of course. To own these high-tech gilded headphones you have to be willing to shell out its $2,750 asking price.