Noma, the world’s best restaurant, accidentally poisons guests in Denmark


Dining in the “world’s best restaurant” isn’t always a great idea and the two-Michelin-star Noma restaurant in the Danish capital of Copenhagen recently proved just that! Previously, we’ve featured this extravagant restaurant’s opening in London right here on LuxuryLaunches. However, Rene Redzepi’s award-winning brainchild seems to have run into trouble recently when the restaurant accidentally poisoned several of its guests! Nearly a dozen diners took ill after consuming food at Noma recently and the restaurant quickly apologized and offered a free meal to those who suffered a sore stomach. The food poisoning occurred due to a highly contagious stomach bug norovirus that was carried into the restaurant’s premises by a staff member.

Shortly after, the guests who had eaten at the eatery suffered vomiting or diarrhea. In all, 63 guests and a handful of staff members took ill. The Noma restaurant has been leading the Restaurant magazine’s prestigious annual ranking since three years now and this incident could surely dampen its image, given the fact that for more than $260 a meal, guests do expect a few hygiene standards!

READ:  Andy Warhol Inspired Perrier Bottles

[Time]