When we buy games we rarely think of anything else but finishing the game before anyone else does. Of course we ogle over the amazing graphics and effects but do we ever think of the amount that went into producing these games? Rarely ever. So today we help to enhance your gaming knowledge by informing you about the most expensive games ever created. Any guesses? Believe it or not GTA IV or Grand Theft Auto IV is actually the most expensive game to be ever created, costing $100 million to develop! The development team comprised of 1000 people who worked painstakingly for over three and a half years to create this amazing game.
Securing second place in the list of world’s most expensive games to be created is Sony’s Gran Turismo 5 with a production budget of $80 million, while SEGA’s Shenmue comes in third with a production cost of $70 million. The expensive budget of Shenmue can be attributed to the games vast environment, weather system, and other features that are not found in games today. The budgets of some of these games are even higher than most feature films today.
Here is a list of the top ten most expensive games to be ever created:
1. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3, 360, PC) – $100 Million
2. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) – $80 Million
3. Shenmue (DC) – $70 Million
4. Too Human (360) – $60+ Million
5. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3) – $60 Million
6. Halo 3 (360) – $55 Million
7. APB (PC) – $50 Million
8. L.A. Noire (PS3, 360) – $50 Million
9. Final Fantasy XII (PS2) – $48 Million
10. KILLZONE 2 (PS3) – $45 Million