With the advent of shopping malls, shopping has become a convenience. Even those who were turned off by shopping find themselves heading to shopping malls. The shopping mall culture has redefined the shopping experience. We at Luxury Launches have covered some of the most amazing and also the largest shopping malls in the world for our readers. Today we bring to you a list of the 10 largest shopping malls on the east Coast of USA. So if you are heading to the East Coast make sure you scan our list below:
10. Westfield Garden State Plaza: At number ten we have New York City’s Westfield Garden State Plaza. Spread over 198,079.7 m2 of retail space, this New Jersey mall that opened its doors to public way back in 1957 is home to 346 stores and also boasts of AMC Theatres, a Two Story Venetian Carousel, etc.
9. South Shore Plaza: With a retail space area of 201,100 m2, the South Shore Plaza in Massachusetts, Boston comes in at number 9 on our list. A popular shopping center, it opened its doors to public in 1961 and is home to 225 stores.
8. Tysons Corner Center: Occupying 200,000 m2 of retail space, the Tysons Corner Store is located in Virginia, Washington, DC. Home to over 300 stores, this mall is still a favorite among the locals since its opening in 1968.
7. Palisades Center: Ever since it’s opening in 1998, the Palisades Center in New York has attracted shoppers from far and wide. Spread over 205,996.0 m2 this retail center boasts of 400 stores. It is also home to a Two Story Venetian Carousel, Ferris Wheel, Skating Rink, Palisades Climb Adventure, an 85 foot high climbing obstacle course located in the center of the mall, etc.
6. Roosevelt Field: Spread over 208,528.4 m2, the Roosevelt Field in Garden City, New York opened its doors to public in 1956. Today it is home to 294 stores.
5. Millcreek Mall: This shopping paradise in Erie, Pennsylvania occupies 209,000 m2 of retail space. A favorite with shoppers since its opening in 1974, the Milcreek Mall is home to 241 stores.
4. Sawgrass Mills: Located in Sunrise, Florida, Sawgrass Mills takes the number 4 spot on our list with its large retail space area of 221,472.1 m2. Opened in 1990, this mall boasts of 350 stores that attract shoppers by the thousands.
3. Destiny USA: At number 3 is the famous Destiny USA mall in Syracuse, New York. With over 300 stores, this shopping mall occupies 228,000 m2 of retail space.
2. Aventura Mall: Florida’s famed Aventura Mall takes the number 2 spot on our list. Spread over 250,000 m2 of retail space, this mall has 300 stores. This mall has been attracting shoppers since its opening in 1983.
1. King of Prussia Mall: Taking the top stop and literally stealing the crown as the biggest mall in the East Coast is none other than the King of Prussia Mall. Boasting of a 259,500 m2 retail space area, this mall located in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania is truly “King” size. The mall opened its doors in 1963 and is today home to over 400 stores.