For people who don’t like logos, Bottega Veneta has always been a go-to brand. More so for those who fall in love with the essence of a product, its fine craftsmanship, the signature weave, Bottega Veneta has always emerged a winner. Fans of the brand refuse to let their craze for the beautiful Italian knot design die down even as the brand ventures into its golden jubilee; that’s 50 years of being one of the best in the business and still wearing the crown as the best-known brand for its signature design. Listed below are a few facts that are not very commonly known about Bottega Veneta and what makes it special.
7. Bottega Veneta means ‘Italian Shop’ which it literally was back in 1966 in a place called Vicenza, Italy. Even then they had created a name for themselves as makers of artisanal leather goods.
6. Bottega Veneta gained popularity owing to its weave design called intrecciato, which is still a prominent hallmark of the company. Artisans weave together strands of delicate leather by which they are able to craft pieces with strength and beauty.
5. The Gucci takeover in 2001 changed the declining fortunes of Bottega Veneta opening new avenues like apparel, jewelry, furniture, eyewear, and home fragrance. Their collection of leather goods, shoes, handbags, home items, still rules the roost.
4. Bottega Veneta is best known for its Cabat, Veneta, and Knot bags. Creative Director Tomas Maier created the most iconic bag the clutch Knot in 2001. He delved into the archives and reinvented the rounded box clutch from way back in 1978 naming it the ‘Knot’. The bag has been created in so many versions using a variety of luxe materials. Bottega held a dedicated Knot retrospective in St. Tropez in 2014, with over 300 of these bags on display.
3. Scuola della Pelletteria, is Bottega Veneta’s specialized school that opened in 2006. The craftsmen are trained here and help to preserve the tradition that is, in fact, the heart and soul of the brand.
2. There are 251 boutiques in 43 countries owned by Bottega Veneta, and their products are distributed across Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, and North America. The largest is an 11,448 square-foot boutique that is the brand’s first “Maison” ” within a historical building on Milan’s Via Sant’Andrea. It contains every product made by Bottega Veneta including its leather goods, men’s and women’s ready-to-wear, shoes, fine jewelry, eyewear, fragrance, luggage, furniture, and home collections.
1.Bottega Veneta has been spotted on royalty like Princess Charlene, former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, Amal Clooney, Nicole Kidman, Cameron Diaz, Rihanna and many more.