Belmond Reid’s Palace in Portugal has announced an annual gastronomic festival that brings together the best of European culinary talent to offer a one-of-a-kind experience. The festival will bring together Michelin starred chefs from across Europe, including Luís Pestana, Executive Chef of Belmond Reid’s Palace and the Michelin-starred William Restaurant. The chefs invited are:
– Michel Van Der Kroft of ‘t Nonnetje in Holland, 2 Michelin Stars;
– Ricardo Costa of The Yeatman Hotel in Porto, Portugal, 2 Michelin Stars;
– Davide Bisetto of Oro – Belmond Cipriani in Venice, Italy, 1 Michelin Star
– Joachim Koerper of Eleven in Lisbon, Portugal, 1 Michelin Star;
– Pedro Lemos of Pedro Lemos Restaurante in Porto, Portugal, 1 Michelin Star;
– Sergi Arola of LAB by Sergi Arola – Penha Longa Resort in Sintra, Portugal, 1 Michelin Star
– Vitor Matos of Antiqvvm in Porto, Portugal, 1 Michelin Star
The Art of Flavours Gastronomic festival will take place from the 8th to the 10th of June. Guests will have the opportunity to attend masterclasses organized by the Michelin starred chefs and take advantage of their expertise and knowledge. Other events include an outdoor party where brilliant Chefs, winemakers and producers from all over the world will set up more than 20 stalls, inviting visitors to experience an incredible range of flavors plated in fine china from Vista Alegre. At this event guests can watch the esteemed chefs at their live cooking stations and eve talk to them one on one. The evening is capped off by the Madeira Atlantic Festival, a magnificent pyromusical show.
The festival will close out with the Stars dinner, a nine-course experience that will include contributions from all the Michelin starred chefs. Chef Sergi Arola has chosen the caviar and foie gras as main ingredients, Pedro Lemos will homage the local fish by presenting a bluefin tuna with mushrooms and wasabi. Luís Pestana will use Madeira wine to flavour Wagyu beef and will include truffles, foie-gras and secret Madeiran ingredients and Pedro Campas, the Pastry Chef of Belmond Reid’s Palace will close the experience with the unique desert – Flavours with tradition – passion fruit, cottage cheese and honey cake.
The Food Party will take place on the 9th June will start at 7.30 pm and it’s priced at 140.00 € per person while the Stars Dinner on the 10th June is priced at 200.00 € per person and starts at 7.30 pm. You must book in advance to secure seats. Call +351 291 71 71 71 for or send an email to [email protected]