American Express undoubtedly commands some clout when it comes to luxury travel and indulgent dining. One of the most sought-after cards, the Premier Rewards Gold Card has undergone a transformation and been resurrected as the American Express Gold Card. Infused with oodles of glitz and glam, the Amex Gold is perfect for our gourmet connoisseurs and Michelin aficionados.
Now, Amex Gold holders earn an impressive 4 points per dollar on US restaurants and 4 points per dollar at US supermarkets on up to $25,000 per year in purchases as well along with 1 point per dollar.
Here’s to dishing out some more details:
1. In addition to the generous 25,000 point welcome offer, which I may add is earned after $2,000 spent within the first 3 months, you can also earn up to $120 in annual credits toward dining each calendar year.
2. Because metal is everything, the Amex Gold is available in a limited-edition rose gold color until Jan. 9, 2019.
3. Till January 9, 2019, Amex has curated a “We’ll Pick up the Tip” launch offer, where new cardholders can also receive 20% back as a statement credit, up to $100, on dining purchases at US restaurants for the first three months of card membership.
4. Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold card at participating dining partners, which include Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and Shake Shack locations.
5. Benefit from up to $100 per calendar year in statement credits toward incidental fees like checked baggage when you charge them to your card.
6. Yes, you’ll also earn 2x points and get a $75 hotel credit when you book a prepaid stay of at least two consecutive nights through the Hotel Collection.
Now, for the most asked question. Yes, the Amex Gold commands an annual fee of $250 per year (not waived) but frankly, with the incentives offered and credit structure; I yet feel it’s worth it.