You can’t go to the beach and not click a few pictures! While the waves and waters are all the same (at least in most cases), some shores stand out more than the others. And here are the ones who seem to have caught the photographer’s eye the most, as per Instagram.
The social media platform recently listed the best beaches in the world based on a particular metric: the number of photos taken of the beach and tagged by the users per meter of its physical length. After comparing an astounding 26 million hashtags, the results were derived and included some popular and otherwise discreet names.
From Sydney’s infamous Bondi beach and the azure shorelines of Thailand to the Boulders Beach in Cape Town and the beautiful waters of Hawaii, find below the top 11 beaches in the world as per Instagram:
11. Cala Saona, Formentera, Spain (Length: 140 metres, Pictures per metre: 282)
10. Blue Point Beach, Ungasan, Bali (Length: 105 metres, Pictures per metre: 287)
9. Boulders Beach, Cape Town, South Africa (Length: 420 metres, Pictures per metre: 323)
8. Praia do Camilo, Lagos, Portugal (Length: 100 metres, Pictures per metre: 325)
7. Tenby North Beach, Pembrokeshire, Wales (Length: 770 metres, Pictures per metre: 343)
5. Navagio Beach, Zakynthos, Greece (Length: 182 metres, Pictures per metre: 403)
3. Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand (Length: 450 metres, Pictures per metre: 587)
2. Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia (Length: 1,000 metres, Pictures per metre: 1,776)
1. Kelingking Beach, Bali, Indonesia (Length: 80 metres, Pictures per metre: 4,227)