Tata’s and SIngapore Airlines collaborate for Vistara a new luxury airline that takes off in two months

We simply can’t wait for Vistara (which means limitless expanse in Sanskrit) to finally take flight! The baby of a joint venture between the Tata Group and Singapore International Airlines is all set to take off by October this year, right in time for Diwali. Initially, the luxury airline will commence operations with five Airbus 320s for domestic flying. The next five years however, will see the carrier add 20 additional aircrafts including state-of-the-art fuel-efficient Airbus A320neos to its fleet. This is in keeping with the 5/20 rule (which states an Indian carrier must be in service for at least five years as well as have a fleet of 20 aircrafts before flying overseas). Buzz is the archaic rule will soon be repealed. TSAL (Tata SIA Airlines) CEO Phee Teik Yeoh, who is keenly awaiting the repeal of the rule seemed optimistic about the future of the airline, he said, “we believe that there is an immense potential in the aviation sector in India.”

The focus of the airline will be on offering an unparalleled experience in luxury to its patrons. TSAL chairman Prasad Menon said, “Vistara will redefine the way we travel in India. I can confidently say that Tata’s and SIA’s legendary hospitality standards and service excellence will make Vistara a natural choice for passengers.” Internationally-acclaimed fashion house Abraham & Thakore were roped in to design the uniform of the cabin crew which includes stylish kurtis and pants. Air India airhostesses will however, don their trademark saris.
The airline which is headquartered in Delhi will connect to most of the important cities and metros in India. Mumbai, Goa, Bangalore, Srinagar, Jammu, Chennai, Jaipur, Kolkata, Guwahati and Kochi are all expected to feature on the airline’s network. SIA, which made a $49 million investment, owns a 49 per cent stake in the venture while the remainder 51 per cent is owned by Tata Sons.

ALSO READ -   9 lesser known facts about Air India the original ‘Maharaja of the Skies’
Tags from the story
Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.