Atherton, a small town Silicon Valley may not have designer boutiques or Michelin-starred restaurants but the 5 miles square town has America’s most expensive zip code. According to Forbes’ annual list, which is based on date from California-based real estate analysis firm Altos Research, Atherton’s zip code of 94027 has America’s most expensive zip code for the second year in a row. The town, which only has 2,500 homes, the median listing price was a whopping $9.03 million, landing it at the top of the list.
The rest of Forbes’ most expensive ZIP codes rankings were dominated by New York City, which has six zip codes in the Top 10, with Manhattan specifically taking up three spots. The second most expensive zip code on the list is Sagaponack, New York, in the Hamptons, which has the zip code 11962. The average house price is $6.43million.
Taking the third spot is 10013 in New York with a median price of $6.05 million. Zip Codes on the Upper East Side 10065 and 10075 took the fourth and fifth spot respectively with the median price of a home at $5,93 million and $5.37 million. Here’s a look at the top 10 most expensive U.S. Zip Codes:
Top 10 most expensive U.S. zip codes:
10. New York, New York (10012) – $4.78 million
9. New York, New York (10014) – $4.86 million
8. New York, New York (10011) – $4.9 million
7. Woody Creek, Colorado (81656) – $4.95 million
6. Alpine, New Jersey (07620) – $5.03 million
5. New York, New York (10075) – $5.37 million
4. New York, New York (10065) – $5.93 million
3. New York, New York (10013) – $6.05 million
2. Sagaponack, New York (11962) – $6.43 million
1. Atherton, California (94027) – $9.03 million
[Via – Forbes]